Sunday, June 13, 2010

the world game

F*@&! you can kiss your 2010 world cup campaign goodbye mister green!...so much rage. and no one to take it out on >:|. Okay so in his defence he did pull off some great saves but wtf.

England I have to admit were not playing that spectacularly. With many of opportunities it seemed they just couldn't execute the goals as they hoped, which did break my heart a little bit. Rooney did start picking up his game late in the second half, which may have been too late. Some justify it by saying he was been held back by a successful defense....I do have to eat humble pie about USA, who I honestly thought were gonna get slaughtered maybe five nil.... haha they proved me wrong. It's great to see the teamwork and energy they had for "underdogs" and hopefully we don't see the last of them too soon.


Oh Gerard. how you make me happy. so so happy! Always reliable in Liverpool and on the England squad  *sigh* Do get some sleep though, I couldn't help but notice those dark circles around your eyes when they interviewed you after the match. I worry about you, cos I care. :|


So.. this day was not productive at all. I spent nearly the whole day sleeping off the wedding from yesterday and when I woke I basically did nothing but watch the world cup. I sat in front of the tv for all 4 matches that played  one after another (that includes the replay which i missed yesterday). All this would have been okay, if I did not have exams knocking on my door... Cannot wait for the next world cup when I can enjoy it in peace and not have to think about change management tools! :D


By the way, let's talk about Messi. I am in awe of such talent. Amazing and so young too. It'll be interesting to see how his campaign turns out under the eye of Maradona. It'd be awesome to see him playing at his best on an international level, but with so much pressure on him I'm sure its difficult.


 okay. need to sleep. should really sleep now. Need to cram like crazy tm ... :C


love.

2 comments:

Supervillain said...

I hasnt been watching the world cup......
I think I'll start in 2014 XP lawwwwwl...........
but i heart Socceroos got slaughetred hawhaw :'(

Ling said...

slaughtered is not the word... hahaha
but seriously, who would be delusional enough to think they had a chance? :\ Germany's team is amazing this year.

we should get together and watch it at mine for the final :DDD