Saturday, June 19, 2010

three lions with no bite... or roar for that matter

...I am so disappointed. This is not the England squad I know and cherish...This was supposed to be YOUR group. England were supposed to OWN this group... I kinda wanna curl up in a ball and cry. The passes were sloppy and they just couldn't seem to keep possession. Not to mention, where the hell was Wayne Rooney? I think as much flack as Heskey get, there's no denying that when he does have possession he creates opportunities.With such talent and experience on their side I really don't understand how this can happen. I agree with the commentators, it's like they can't work as a team. BAHH.. Tonight England did not look like the strong World Cup contenders alot of people thought they would be.... and it breaks my heart. :C


The way this World Cup is going its going to have to be renamed the "World Cup of upsets", with all the  big name contenders (Spain, Germany just to name two) falling at times of great importance... maybe its all the pressure from back home? By the way, I really do think that the  booing by the England crowd at the end of the match was unnecessary and probably demotivating a team that's already wearing thin on inspiration.


England really need to step up against Slovenia and need to play a LOT better if they even want a chance of proceeding into the next round. I watched the USA v Slovenia game before and if England play the same, I think it's fair to say they have a good chance of getiing defeated... I really want England to show the world their talent and prove that they can be deadly when they work together. We saw glimpses of this in the match against U.S.A before that disastrous effort by Green, but they've seemed to just faded into the background. They REALLY need to fight back, and this is the time to do it
Which sounds absurd! This is the England team for god's sake. We have Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Rooney (Who does not seem to be very interested) and other big names that are high profile, highly respected international players.
Slovenia is our last hope, please don't blow it england. I love you. always will, but you're testing me... oh how you're testing me .....
 and Argentina/Germany are  willing to take your place in my heart temporarily (you'll always be number 1)  if you decide to make a premature exit.... just saying.

love.
 btw. Serbia were amazing. well-deserved and highly entertaining game, but that referee was a bit of a douche

No comments: