Wednesday, July 28, 2010

i got love for you if you were born in the eighties,,, the eighties...

Kirby: It's true love, my friend.

Kevin: Love, love, you know what love is? Love is an illusion created by lawyer types like yourself to perpetuate another illusion called marriage to create the reality of divorce and then the illusionary need for divorce lawyers.
Kirby: You are just pissed off and bitter because you have not had sex in... how long? What is it... a year... maybe two? Refresh my memory please, Kevin. Haven't you heard of the sexual revolution?

Kevin: Who won, huh? Nobody. Used to be sex was the only free thing, No longer. Alimony... palimony... it's all financial. Love is an illusion.
Kirby: It's the only illusion that counts, my friend.
Kevin: Says who? Kirby: Anyone who's been in love.
Kevin: Love sucks.
Kirby: So does your attitude.
(St. elmo's Fire)

Good movie indeed. Recently I've felt an urge to rewatch Pretty in Pink...just to swoon at Andrew McCarthy all over again... Initially I thought my attraction was mainly due to the character he plays (which by the way don't we all wish we had a guy like that? :s although I love duckie too... just not in that way haha) But after watching him play several other characters, it is safe to say I am physically attracted to him... hmmm
**Note to myself: must buy pretty in pink on dvd.

No comments: